Fire Extinguisher Safety in Lee County, Alabama
Do you know when to use a fire extinguisher in your Lee County home or business? We wanted to create a short blog series sharing information about fire extinguishers. Up first in our series is covering when to use a fire extinguisher. We are sharing information directly from the U.S. Fire Administration.
Fire extinguishers can be helpful on a small fire. Consider providing a checklist to help people prepare to use a fire extinguisher on a potential fire.
- Have I alerted others in the building that there’s a fire?
- Has someone called the fire department?
- Am I physically able to use a fire extinguisher?
- Is the fire small and contained in a single object (like a pan or a wastebasket)?
- Am I safe from the fire’s toxic smoke?
- Do I have a clear escape route?
Use a fire extinguisher when all of these questions are answered “yes.” If you’re unsure about whether or not it’s safe to use a fire extinguisher, and for all other situations, alert others, leave the building, and call 911 from your cell phone or neighbor’s phone.
Stay tuned for our next blog post covering an easy to remember acronym to help remember how to use a fire extinguisher.
SERVPRO of Lee County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-821-4858!