Fourth of July Fireworks Safety
With the Fourth of July approaching, we figured that we should review fireworks safety, just as we did last year. The estimated annual cost of fireworks-related injuries is $100 million. Fireworks-related fires have caused at least $15 to $20 million in property loss each year in the past decade.
Fireworks are beautiful to watch but here are a few simple rules to keep in mind:
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before purchasing them.
- Never try to re-light a dud and always light one at a time (and remember, stand back)
- Although, this may seem like common sense, statistics say that this reminder is needed- use fireworks outside only
- ALWAYS supervise both children and pets when they are in a close proximity to the area in which the fireworks are being lit
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks. Always buy from a trusted fireworks distributer.
And last, but not least, while keeping safety rules in mind, don't forget to have fun! Enjoy the weekend and your day off of work.
SERVPRO of Lee County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-821-4858!