Memorial Day weekend is coming up! We're here on the blog to give some grill safety tips. With the summertime in full swing, we are all enjoying time by the pool and barbeques with our friends and family. We can’t forget that grills are responsible for an estimated 8,900 home fires a year. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers these general grilling guidelines:
- Only use propane and charcoal grills outdoors.
- Place grills away from your home (remember, this counts deck railings!)
- As always, keep children and pets away from the grill area
- Make sure you keep your grill clean by removing the grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill (keep in mind that the leading cause of a grill fire is failure to clean)
- NEVER leave the grill unattended
Who’s ready to throw the hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill this weekend and celebrate how blessed we are to live in a beautiful and free country? We know we are! Keep in mind these safety rules and have a great summer with your family and friends.
All gave some, some gave all.
SERVPRO of Lee County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-821-4858!