Fire Extinguisher Maintenance in Auburn, Alabama
Welcome to the third and final blog post in our series on fire extinguisher safety. To end this series, we're going to be sharing information from the U.S. Fire Administration on how to properly maintain your fire extinguisher in your Lee County, Alabama home or business.
Here's what you should be checking for in order to maintain your fire extinguisher.
- Easy access in an emergency
- Be sure nothing is blocking or limiting your ability to reach it.
- The recommended pressure level
- Many extinguishers have gauges that show when pressure is too high or too low.
- Working parts
- Make sure the can, hoses and nozzles aren’t damaged, dented, or rusted.
- Remove any dust, oil, or grease that might be on the outside of the extinguisher.
- Guidelines and instructions
- Some extinguishers need to be shaken monthly, others need to be pressure tested every few years.
We hope that you enjoyed this mini-series on fire extinguishers. What do you want our next series to cover? Shoot us a message on your favorite social media and you just might see it covered soon.
SERVPRO of Lee County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-821-4858!